RE: Re: Bash is very, very stable (was: Bash returns incorrect process status)

Pierre A. Humblet wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> The symptoms are consistent with the pid reuse issue,
> although it is not common on NT4, AFAIK.
>
> A patched version is available as
> http://xxxxxx.xxxxxxx.xxx/xxxxxxxx/bash.exe
> Please keep that url private.
>
> If you try it, let me know (or the list) the outcome.
>
> Pierre

Hi Pierre,

WFM.  I've given it a quick test using a command-line grabbed out of
my history that always went wrong unless I used /bin/echo.  I'll
install it in place of the regular bash now so that it'll get a
thorough work-out.  If there are any problems, I'll keep you posted.

Nice work,

Phil

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com