Re: Inheriting parent ACLs?

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:19:21 -0400 (EDT), Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Gabe Rosenhouse wrote:
> > sorry if I'm misunderstanding this, but are you saying that ntsec =>
> > NTFS-like ACL inheritance?
>
> Actually the opposite.  Adding "nontsec" to your CYGWIN environment
> variable (see the first link in the above URL) will do that.  Using
> "ntsec" will simulate POSIX permissions using the NT ACLs, and will not
> use inheritance.

Thanks.
Is there something I can read that contrasts the functionality
implications of ntsec vs nontsec?
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html doesn't go into details on
the differences between the two settings.
One question specifically is, under nontsec, will domain users will
still be able to login via SSH and be recognized as members of their
domain groups?