Re: special install

On Sep 23, 2004, at 10:54 AM, Dave Korn wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner On Behalf Of Peter Rehley
Sent: 23 September 2004 18:44

Much snippage, just to summarize the essence of the post and it's role in
the conversation:

After you have a working installation on any computer, you can zip and
copy the C:\CYGWIN directory.  It is totally self contained, and
should work fine anywhere.

2) post-install scripts have already be run via initial
setup.

So, in other words, what you're claiming is that

"It would work, but it won't create any mount points in the registry, nor
will it run any post-install scripts".

ummm, I'm saying that the post install scripts have already been run. And also giving suggestions on things that are missing.

Well, thanks for that helpful clarification from the Department of Redundancy Department!

Glad to be of service. Didn't I mention that before ;)

    cheers,
      DaveK

Enjoy,
Peter