Re: Lot of undefined symbols at link time, even with -l option on good libraries

Frédéric ORMANCEY wrote:
> Thanks for this sample code => we are not far of the solution !
>
> Same sample compile on my platform gives the following :
> V:>gnatmake imp
>       gnatbind -x imp.ali
>       gnatlink imp.ali
>       ./imp.o(.text+0x20):imp.adb: undefined reference to `_FormatMessageA'
>       collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>       gnatlink: cannot call /usr/bin/gcc.exe
>       gnatmake: *** link failed.
>
> And of course nm command as a different result also :
> 00000000 b .bss
> 00000000 d .data
> 00000000 t .text
>                U _FormatMessageA
> 00000000 T __ada_imp
>
> Problem is in compile time, not in build time, my compiler doesn't
> generate apropriate symbols in objects files !
>
> I'am using cygwin 1.5.11-1 ( latest release ) with GNAT / GCC 3.4.1  (
> gcc-ada-3.4.1-20040711-1.tar.gz package ).
> I can't use older version of GNAT because of bugs in gnat.socket package
> ( Gnat form of select() function limited to 32 simultaneous sockets for
> example ).

I was using the current Cygwin version of gnat - 3.3.3[-3] (Cygwin special).
I think you are using the MinGW version, and problems with that
would be better directed to the MinGW mailing lists or support forum.

-- Cliff