Re: Lot of undefined symbols at link time, even with -l option on good libraries

Thanks for this sample code => we are not far of the solution !

Same sample compile on my platform gives the following :
V:>gnatmake imp
      gnatbind -x imp.ali
      gnatlink imp.ali
      ./imp.o(.text+0x20):imp.adb: undefined reference to `_FormatMessageA'
      collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
      gnatlink: cannot call /usr/bin/gcc.exe
      gnatmake: *** link failed.

And of course nm command as a different result also :
00000000 b .bss
00000000 d .data
00000000 t .text
               U _FormatMessageA
00000000 T __ada_imp

Problem is in compile time, not in build time, my compiler doesn't generate apropriate symbols in objects files !

I'am using cygwin 1.5.11-1 ( latest release ) with GNAT / GCC 3.4.1 ( gcc-ada-3.4.1-20040711-1.tar.gz package ).
I can't use older version of GNAT because of bugs in gnat.socket package ( Gnat form of select() function limited to 32 simultaneous sockets for example ).

Cliff Hones a écrit :