RE: Request for change to /etc/profile

Hi,

I've got a sort-of-related issue with the location of the home directory.

On my work laptop, my home directory is on a network share (mapped as a H:
drive) and "My Documents" is on their too. This is made available offline using
the ... "Make Available Offline" feature of WinXP.

When I'm connected to the network all is well and cygwin correctly finds my home
directory, However, if I'm not connected to the network, cygwin just starts in
root (/). My home directory is there on the machine, but cygwin doesn't find it.

Is there any chance that this could be fixed?

Thanks,

R.
--
http://robinbowes.com