./configure in any package gives "error: cannot find input file: \WINDOWS\oracle.ini" error

./configure in any package gives "error: cannot find input file:
\WINDOWS\oracle.ini" error

well, a number that i have tried anyway. I have a fresh cygwin install (a
fwe days ago) and it happens whether I have all the autoconf/automake
packages installed or not.

I also couldn't rebuild the configure files due variously to problems
with the freetype m4 include or the configure.in in the package being
too old.

I have not been able to find anything by googling for: cygwin oracle.ini

Oh, and I don't have any oracle driver installed on windows or cygwin

If I hack the configure to avoid the part that generates this error, it
completes but generates no Makefile

help! I really want to compile and install imlib/sawfish!!