RE: trying to reply to specific message

  That's right.  Cygwin-allow isn't the name of the list you're looking for.
Cygwin-allow is the address you can mail if you accidentally get caught in
the spam block and you're a subscriber and want your post to be allowed
through.

  I can't remember what the name of the actual list you're looking for is,
but it's the one that sets the Reply-To: header.  Maybe someone else will
jump in with it now ..... ?

    cheers,
      DaveK