RE: trying to reply to specific message

Sorry, I'd only encountered lists that one subscribed to by emailing
them with the word subscribe in the subject or body (so I tried both.)

I followed the link you provided below but the response to clicking the
"Send in the request" button after entering mailing list name
cygwin-allow (and my e-mail address) was:

   Cannot handle your mailing list request at this time...

   You did not provide a mailing list name, or you've entered a mailing
list     name which is not handled on sources.redhat.com.

Oh well.  I guess I'll have to work on the "getting a better mailer"
option.

I'd
> > be glad to hear of it.
>
> Sure.  Try getting a better mailer. :-D
> 	Igor

> > >Yes.  Two ways, in fact.  One works with programs that understand
the
> > >"mbox" format for e-mail (e.g., pine); the other is more generic,
but
> > >requires some effort.
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > >For the "mbox" method, Google for "web archives raw text
> > >site:cygwin.com" -- I posted a couple of recipes before (I've since
> > >improved on the automation of the method, if anyone's interested).
> > >The second method is described in a help message you get from ezmlm
> > >(mail to <cygwin-help<at>cygwin<dot>com>) -- namely, you can get a
copy
> > >of any list message by e-mailing to
> > ><cygwin-get.MSGNUM<at>cygwin<dot>com>.  The trick is finding out
the
> > >message number -- the "Raw text" link is helpful here as well; just
> > >look at the "From " line (first line of the raw text), and the
MSGNUM