Re: Lot of undefined symbols at link time, even with -l option on good libraries

I think you're right, it seems to be a problem with trailing underscore in function naming.
For example :

in /usr/lib/w32api/libkernel32.a we found :

   00000000 T _FormatMessageA@28
                    U __head_libkernel32_a
   00000000 I __imp__FormatMessageA@28

which is required by win32-winbase.o, result of the build of /usr/lib/gcc/win32ada/win32-winbase.adb
U _FormatMessageA
U _FormatMessageW
U _GlobalReAlloc
U _LocalReAlloc

The source code for this part is the following :
  pragma Import (Stdcall, Doit, "FormatMessageA");

I try change it with pragma Import (C, Doit, "_FormatMessageA"); or things like that with no success.

May be it's the trailing @28 after symbol name which cause error, but I cannot control it ( it's DLL calling convention parameter size ). Compiler/linker should usually add or remove trailing @nn if necessary.

To answer your general questions, I'am building a large Ada application ( 200 source files ), using W32 API, with Win2000 GNAT Compiler.