cursor jumping in cygwin?

First of all, please forgive me if I am not posting to the correct list.

I have been using cygwin for awhile now at work and I just got a new desktop
machine, so I loaded cygwin on it. The machine is a dual opteron 248
(2.2ghz) w/ 2gig RAM running Windows XP SP2.

When using xterm w/ bash as my shell and typing, at random times, the cursor
will jump to the beginning of the line. In vi, when I'm in "input mode" and
typing, the cursor will randomly jump to the beginning of the document. I
have seen it do this when pressing the "h", "a", and backspace keys as part
of my typing. I cannot duplicate this problem at will -- it appears to be
very random. I'm sure it has happened on other keypresses, but I type too
fast to know which key I've hit to cause it.

Has anyone ever seen this before? On my old desktop machine, I was running
cygwin with XP SP2, so I don't think that is the problem, unless the newer
version is incompatible with SP2 (I hadn't updated cygwin in awhile on my
old desktop machine).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Michael J. Wheeler
System Administrator

--
Rap's Law of Inanimate Reproduction:
If you take something apart and put it back together enough times,