Re: Lot of undefined symbols at link time, even with -l option on good libraries

At 05:38 AM 9/21/2004, you wrote:
> Using latest release of CygWin ( 1.5.11-1 ) I install the devel kit,
>
>including gcc and gnat compilers. Then I build from src GCC and GNAT release 3.4.1 ( which include necessary patchs for my application ).
>All my Ada application compile well with gnatmake command, but link failed with a lot of undefined symbols mainly issued from w32api and system libraries.
>
>Undefined symbols are for example : FormatMessageA, GlobalReAlloc, CreateDialogParamA, WSAStartup, accept, select, ... about 100 undefined from system libraries.
>Of course system libraries are included at link time with the appropriate -l option ( -lnetapi32 -lwsock32 -lshell32 -ladvapi32 -lwinmm -lodbc32 -lwin32ada -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -laddr2line -lbfd -liberty )
>I verify with NM command, symbols are right defined in the included libraries.
>
>If someone have an idea ?

Sure.  Follow the problem reporting guidelines given here:

That will give those on the list interested in helping you out with this
problem at least the basic information about your system and what you're
doing.

My WAG is that you haven't declared these symbols properly so that the
calling convention is wrong (__cdecl vs __stdcall) but I'd need to see
a small example of your code, how you compile it, and what the errors
are to be sure.  Then again, maybe this idea is enough for you to have an
"AHA!" moment and fix the problem yourself. :-)

Holliston, MA 01746