Re: Running cmd programs in cygwin / rxvt

At 02:57 PM 9/20/2004, you wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
>>On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 08:46:32AM -0700, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>>
>>>Would it be possible to implement a command then that says exec this with tty's instead of ptys?
>>
>>Cygwin ttys and ptys are the same thing.
>
>OK how about a command that says start this Windows console mode application using whatever it is that will make it happy enough to talk to stdin/stdout/stderr (short of starting a new window that is).

I think the point is that while it may be possible to make changes that do
what you want, they are not straight-forward and compromise POSIX
portability.  I also suspect that this is an area that requires real thought
and real effort by someone interested in taking up the effort.  If that's
you, perhaps you want to get into the code a little bit and come back with
questions about specific changes you'd propose.  To me, that seems the most
productive approach to a solution.

Holliston, MA 01746