Re: Updated: cvs-1.11.17-1

Dear Charles Wilson,

I'm a cygwin user and I have problems using CVS. I'm trying to use the following command fron cygwin:

> cvs -d :ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gcc co -D 8/25/2004 gcc

The result is

' from cvs serverning: unrecognized response`ok

and then the program hangs.

The very same command works smoothly in a SGI workstation.

In both machines I have

setenv CVS_RSH ssh

Question: Do I have to configure CVS in cygwin with any other option?

Thank you very much,

Joaquim Ballabrera
University of Maryland

Charles Wilson wrote:

CVS is the 'Concurrent Versioning System', a widely-used package for maintianing revision histories of source code. This port is based on the official cvs-1.11.17 release, and requires that libgdbm4-1.8.3-7 be installed as well.

CHANGES:

* updated to the latest release (thanks to Volker Quetschke for doing the heavy lifting)