Re: Is cygffi.dll needed for SableVM JVM?

Hello Grzegorz,

Am Montag, 20. September 2004 um 01:57 schriebst du:
> W liście z sob, 18-09-2004, godz. 08:51, Gerrit P. Haase pisze:
>>> You mean I should edit /usr/share/libtool/libtool.m4 and change this
>>> part, that is already specific to cygwin?
>>>
>>> cygwin*)
>>>   # func_win32_libid is a shell function defined in ltmain.sh
>>>   lt_cv_deplibs_check_method='file_magic ^x86 archive import|^x86 DLL'
>>>   lt_cv_file_magic_cmd='func_win32_libid'
>>>   ;;
>>>
>>> It sounds hackish.  Terribly hackish.  If it's a normal thing you need
>>> to do at least for some applications under cygwin, why not have some
>>> kind of a switch for that included into official libtool?
>>
>> Please submit a patch;)

> I don't know enough about the problem and libtool yet.  We'll see.

> But given your explanation below, sometime later you might switch to
> pass_all but default.  Or it's not an option even in long term?

We should add a flag to specify if a library may be linked in
statically, maybe require a .def file to tell the linker which symbols
should be exported.

> If I see things right I don't really have to edit
> /usr/share/libtool/libtool.m4, but instead I can (ugh...) patch
> ./configure for cygwin.  That'd be a cygwin-specific patch.

configure is autogenerated and shouldn't be modified manually, however
you could try to define some special rules in configure.in to override
the defaults for cygwin.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=