Re: rbldnsd

Robert Menschel schrieb:
5) I then created /usr/sbin/rbldnsd.sh:
/usr/sbin/rbldnsd -u system:system -p /var/run/rbldnsd.pid -c 60m -f    \
      -r /var/rbldnsd -b 127.0.0.1/53                                   \
      ws.surbl.org:dnset:ws.surbl.org.rbldnsd                           \
      sc.surbl.org:dnset:sc.surbl.org.rbldnsd                           \
      list.dsbl.org:ip4set:list.dsbl.org.rbldns >/var/tmp/rbldnsd.log

-u system:system is for running as windows service, via cygrunsrv. be sure to enable permissions for uid/gid 18 (=system) to all needed files.

7) Executing the script as above, manually, I get the error message:
rbldnsd: unable to setuid(18:18): Permission denied
where /etc/passwd shows user SYSTEM as user 18, and /etc/group shows
SYSTEM as group 18. That surprises me, since as the one and only user on
this system, I have root privileges, and I would have through the setuid
would have worked.

SYSTEM is the user context in which windows runs services, something like the unix root. but setuid(18) will not work.
it must be run through cygrunsrv (as service).
you can also test it via the "sysbash trick".

8) If I remove the -u system:system parameter, I get
rbldnsd: unable to stat file `ws.surbl.org.rbldnsd': No such file or directory
rbldnsd: unable to stat file `sc.surbl.org.rbldnsd': No such file or directory
rbldnsd: unable to stat file `list.dsbl.org.rbldns': No such file or directory
rbldnsd: zone ws.surbl.org: zone will not be serviced
rbldnsd: zone sc.surbl.org: zone will not be serviced
rbldnsd: zone list.dsbl.org: zone will not be serviced
rbldnsd: zone loading errors, aborting

Note that the /var/rbldnsd directory has these permissions:
drwxr-xr-x+   2 Owner    None            0 Sep 11 22:57 /var/rbldnsd/

either the current user has no perms to these files, or rbldnsd tries a setuid(0).

chgrp 18 /var/rbldnsd/*
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/