RE: apache2 as service

> I'll assume that it seemed to install correctly.  As a quick simple
> sanity check try typing the command in a bash prompt and see what
> happens.  Make sure that starts ok.

Yes. It did start ok at the cmd prompt.

> will need to find the parameter that keeps apache in the foreground.
> cygrunsrv needs this.  Otherwise it can say that the service has not
> started when it is running.

I tried httpd -D FOREGROUND -k start

That keeps the httpd process in the foreground at the CLI.

But, even with -D FOREGROUND I get the same error when I tyr to run with cygrunsrv.

> Check the windows event viewer for more logs.

Windows event viewer has errors saying that the cygapache service terminated unexpectedly.

> Configuration problems.  File permissions.  Check them all.

I doubt that this would be a problem. When I start it at the command line everything works fine.

Httpd spawns multiple processes. Can that be an issue?

Thanks,
Prakash