apache2 as service

Hi,

I compiled & installed apache2 on cygwin+WinXP. I am able to use it fine
- but I am not able to install it as a service.

The run as User in the httpd.conf file is SYSTEM.

I installed apache2 asa service using the following command

cygrunsrv -I cygapache -p /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd.exe -a "-k start"
-t auto

When I try to start it
cygrunsrv -S cygapache

I get the following error

cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error
1062:
The service has not been started.

Nothing is written to /var/log/cygaapche.log or to
/usr/local/apache2/log/error_log

The pid stored in httpd.pid changes but the httpd processes don't show
up on doing ps -ae

What am I doing wrong?

I compiled and installed apache2 as the network user ENG/khemani. I had
to change the permissions on apache2/logs directory to be able to run
apache2 as the user SYSTEM.

What more should I do?

Thanks,
Prakash