Re: adding to and upgrading a cygwin installation...

On 12/19/03 15:02 or thereabouts, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) scribbled:
> On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 tomatohead@myrealbox.com wrote:
>
> > Also, is there any easy way to essentially just "upgrade" all of your
> > currently installed cygwin packages ?
>
> setup.exe -R c:\cygwin -s ftp://mirrors.rcn.net -n -q
>
> works for me.  I have is as a shortcut in my Startup folder, so it runs with
> every reboot.  (c:\cygwin is where cygwin is installed;
> ftp://mirrors.rcn.net is my preferred mirror, change both as appropriate for
> you.)  See http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-11/msg01490.html for more.
>
> - Barry

Hi,
this little upgrade tip seems to be working great (it's not finished
yet) ... however, i have no idea what it is doing.

i would like to simply upgrade all of the packages i currently have
installed. not install anything new, not uninstall anything i already
have.

i couldn't find any info on command line switches to setup.
setup -h,--help, /? did not show anything.
further, i couldn't find any documentation on the cygwin site about
this.

can anyone point me in the right direction, as i find this easier than
fiddling with the setup GUI.

is there any way to "grap" single packages this way ?

what i would really love is a dpkg/apt-get system for cygwin ...
i guess i'll have to wait for that one.
:)