Re: gcc, gdb, make missing?

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 05:05:15PM +0200, A Serebrenik wrote:
>I've installed cygwin today and there seem to be a small problem with the
>installation that I'm  not able to resolve by reading and rereading FAQ.

How about the cygwin web page itself?

"Note also that, by default, setup.exe does not install everything.
Only the base cygwin distribution is installed by default.  When running
setup.exe, clicking on categories and packages in the package
installation screen will provide you with the ability to control what is
installed or updated.  For instance, clicking on the "Default" field
next to the "All" category will provide you with the opportunity to
install every Cygwin package.  Be advised that this will download and
install hundreds of megabytes to your computer.  The best plan is
probably to click on individual categories and install either entire
categories or packages from the categories themselves."