Re: can't start inetd as service

Steve Roth wrote:

Greetings,

I'm having difficulty using inetd under cygwin. After installing it as a service (apparently successfully), "net start inetd" shows this error:
The service is not responding to the control function.
I have tried all of the suggestions I could find in the README and in archived emails about this problem, to no avail. In particular:
- I have c:\cygwin\bin at the beginning of my system path.
- I have set the CYGWIN environment variable in the system environment.
- I have also set the ProgramOptions registry key for inetd.exe.

I have added some debug logging to inetd.c. I find that none of its functions are called when I run "net start inetd". In particular, service_main() is not.

Have you rebooted since you change your system env vars? -- Taxation with representation isn't so hot, either!