Re: checking for working mmap...no

> * Christopher Faylor <pts-ab-crefbany-ercyl-cyrnfr@pltjva.pbz> [2004-09-15 17:07:51 -0400]:
>
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 03:20:50PM -0400, Sam Steingold wrote:
>>It appears that cygwin mmap() is lacking:
>>
>>configure:20536: checking for working mmap
>>configure:20617: gcc -o conftest.exe -g -O2 conftest.c  >&5
>>configure:20620: $? = 0
>>configure:20622: ./conftest.exe
>>configure:20625: $? = 1
>>configure: program exited with status 1
>>configure: failed program was:
>
> It would be enormously helpful if you apprised us of exactly *what*
> was wrong rather than expecting us to figure it out.

Let me assure you that you know these matters much better than I do.

The C program in my original e-mail is supposed to terminate with exit
code 0 if mmap() works correctly.  It does, e.g., on Linux and Solaris.

On cygwin, it terminates with exit code 1, which indicates that mmap()
does not work correctly as it is supposed to according to the spec.

Unfortunately, I am far from being an expert on these matters...

<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Bus error -- please leave by the rear door.