Re: BUG: Bad call to GetFileSze in ext2fsprogs lib/ext2fs/getsize.c

Christopher Faylor wrote:
Let me again point out that a cygwin program shouldn't be doing *ANY OF
THIS*.

It shouldn't be calling GetFileSize and it shouldn't be calling
CreateFile.

I think part of the original motivation might have been that under some circumstances this set of programs needs to be used on drive partitions as opposed to files within those partitions.

At that time there may have been no way within Cygwin to size
a partition (statfs()?).

As far as I can tell the O_BINARY changes are good to have.

Earl