Re: Installation hangs because asks for input from terminal (Attn: tetex maintainer, setup maintainer)

Jan,

On Sep 13 21:23, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Because I do not like to make the wrong fix.  In this case, it will
> probably hurt very few people, so it would make sense to think a bit
> and do it correctly, if possible.
>
> See, I can easily add unsetting bunch of variables to post-texmf.mf, eg
>
>    unset MFINPUTS TEXINPUTS TEXMF TEXMFCNF TFMFONTS VARTEXFONTS
>
> but it makes little sense unless I also do that in a profile.d script
> (ugh).
>
> Then, just pick a variable from texmf.cnf and set it to a silly value
> in Windows, eg
>
>    pool_size=2
>
> and your tetex setup will be broken again.

since the tetex settings are so dependent of environment variables
and since the environment variables are shared with different tetex
implementations, wouldn't it be better to split the tetex installation
into two files?

First, the postinstall script, which doesn't depend on these variables,
and second, a still-to-be-created tetex-config script, similar to
curl-config, exim-config, etc, and which has to be started by the user
manually?

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.