Re: 1.5.11-1: sftp performance problem

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 01:45:17PM -0400, Bob Byrnes wrote:
>On Sep 9,  1:46pm, Peter Siebold wrote:
>-- Subject: 1.5.11-1: sftp performance problem
>> I updated to the newest version of cygwin dll on 9/7/4 and after sftp
>> suffered performance issues when issuing a get on a large file.  File
>> transfers now stall and do not complete.  After downgrading to version
>> of 1.5.10-3 of cygwin sftp then it works fine.
>>
>-- End of excerpt from Peter Siebold
>
>Hi Peter ...
>
>I am continuing to investigate this issue (see the cygwin-patches mailing
>list for ongoing discussions if you're interested).

Thanks for looking at this, Bob.

Your efforts in improving this part of cygwin are much appreciated.  It's
not surprising that there would be a few problems given the complexity
of the interface you're trying to use and just the general square pegness
of the NT API that you're trying to fit into the linux round hole.

cgf