rsync - file size differences

I'm running into an issue using rsync-2.6.2-2 on cygwin on Win2k SP4 where
after I rsync a directory, the binary files rsync'ed have a different size
and thus are corrupt if I try to open them in the program they were created
in (pdf's, jpg's, etc) - text files remain identical.

After looking at the differences between the binary files in a hex editor,
it appears that it's related to the 'Default Text File Type' that I choose
when running the cygwin setup.exe program.  If I choose DOS, I get the file
size differences.  If I choose Unix, the files are identical.

Also, using rsync-2.6.2-1 gives identical files regardless of the text file
option selected - this problem just started for me after upgrading to
rsync-2.6.2-2.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks,
Ryan