From: Ramneek Singh [mailto:ramneek@cisco.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2004 12:53 AM
To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'
Subject: File format - UNIX/DOS while installing cygwin ?

Hi,
While installing cygwin, it asks in the wizard whether file format is
unix or dos.
What is this for ?

I mainly am going to use cygwin for PERL. Now, all my files are created
in unix and
I just ftp them over onto the windows machine. Since matching is used in
perl script,
I am wondering if some of the input text files will end up with some
extra characters
At the end of each line which can throw the perl matching off ?

For example if my expected output that I am storing in a file is the
following string:
Output Found Correctly
Then if I ftp such a file over from unix and expect it to work on
windows which
File format should I be selecting ? (I am using word boundary around the
expected output).

Thanks
Ramneek