Re: Is it free to use

Bobby McNulty wrote:

Personally, I'm bored with the free verses copyrighted material.

Then why are you here (I mean in this thread)?

GPL means you should include your source code with your binary code. Simple. Redhat does it, Mandrake does it, Cygnus does it. Cygwin's sources are included in the download section. Next time, think before you speak.

Contrary to your opinion I did think before I spoke! I don't think the people who would use my application would want, know, care about or understand the source and I didn't want to go through the additional effort to make them available, place proper attribution in the sources and require them to download an install Cygwin (if I were to use cygwin1.dll).
--
Question: Why do people always seem to find things in the last place that they look? Answer: Because most people stop looking after they find it!