RE: cygserver service won't start

  Nitpick: that's the sshd service key.  The cygserver one, which is created by
the line

      if ! cygrunsrv -I cygserver -d "CYGWIN cygserver" -p /usr/sbin/cygserver

from /usr/bin/cygserver-config would have to be

  HKLM/SYSTEM/CCS/Services/cygserver

... this would also be consistent with the 'net start' usage info ....

      echo "To start it, call \`net start cygserver' or \`cygrunsrv -S
cygserver'."

    cheers,
      DaveK