RE: bash script doesn't wait for commands to complete

(Sorry if this doesn't appear in the right place - I've been unable to
subscribe to the list and had to bodge a reply.)

>>I have a problem whereby a bash script doesn't wait for foreground
commands
>>to complete. The script in question kicks off a number of background
>>processes, and processes their results as they complete.
>>
>>A simplified version which exhibits the problem is attached as scr.sh. The
>>number of background processes and the number of iterations of the
>>foreground commands are supplied as parameters, (e.g. "./scr.sh 50 100").
>>These values, as well as the length of the sleep may need adjustment
>>depending on a machine's performance, to make sure that the sleeps
terminate
>>squarely within the foreground loop.

>Cygwin currently has a hard limit of around 62 subprocesses or so before
>things might get confusing.  There is a 63 handle windows limitation
>which would take some effort to work around.
>
>So, if you are starting more than around 62 subprocesses then things
probably
>won't work right.
>
>cgf

Thanks for that. However, although the problem occurs most frequently with
more subprocesses, I occasionally see it with as few as 2 subprocesses, so I
don't think the limit is coming into play. I haven't tried more than 50
subprocesses, as I knew there was a hard limit
	Tony