RE: SSH on Cygwin Immediate Drops Connections

Of Corinna Vinschen
> Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 1:55 AM
> To: cygwin@cygwin.com
> Subject: Re: SSH on Cygwin Immediate Drops Connections
>

> On Sep  8 14:08, Larry Hall wrote:

> > >I just wanted to chip in that I have tried the -r setting without
> > >success also (using priviledge separation).  I've had success
> > >reverting to the previous version of openssh (3.8.1p1-1).
> >

> > OK.  Any of you out there that are having this problem up for tracking
> > this
> > down?  Even if you can't look at code, there's plenty of tracking that
can
> > done before getting to that stage.  See:
> >
> > >Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> >
> > for initial guidelines.  And don't forget that the server has a debug
> > mode too and the output of that is much more telling than that of the
> > client.
>
> And also note that the Cygwin bug which prevented reexec'ing to work
together with privilege separation is fixed in > 1.5.11.  I'm running
OpenSSH 3.9p1 with PrivSep and no -r option on my XP machine.

> Corinna

I am already running 1.5.11 and OpenSSH 3.9p1.  I'm running with the options
"-D -d -d -d".  This is the debugging output I get.

debug2: load_server_config: filename /etc/sshd_config
debug2: load_server_config: done config len = 238
debug2: parse_server_config: config /etc/sshd_config len 238
debug1: sshd version OpenSSH_3.9p1
debug1: private host key: #0 type 0 RSA1
debug3: Not a RSA1 key file /etc/ssh_host_rsa_key.
debug1: read PEM private key done: type RSA
debug1: private host key: #1 type 1 RSA
debug3: Not a RSA1 key file /etc/ssh_host_dsa_key.
debug1: read PEM private key done: type DSA
debug1: private host key: #2 type 2 DSA
debug1: rexec_argv[0]='/usr/sbin/sshd'
debug1: rexec_argv[1]='-D'
debug1: rexec_argv[2]='-d'
debug1: rexec_argv[3]='-d'
debug1: rexec_argv[4]='-d'
debug2: fd 3 setting O_NONBLOCK
debug1: Bind to port 22 on 0.0.0.0.
Server listening on 0.0.0.0 port 22.
Generating 768 bit RSA key.
RSA key generation complete.
debug3: fd 4 is not O_NONBLOCK
debug1: Server will not fork when running in debugging mode.
debug3: send_rexec_state: entering fd = 7 config len 238
debug3: ssh_msg_send: type 0
debug3: send_rexec_state: done
debug1: rexec start in 4 out 4 newsock 4 pipe -1 sock 7

Attached is the output of "cygcheck -s -v -r".  Thanks in advance for any
help you can give me.

Mark Eret