Re: Is it free to use

Alain_SK_Yip@btm.com.hk wrote:

> We are using Linux and UNIX environment to develop our own applications.
> By installing the Cygwin/X X Server, Xlib and Xclients etc., our developers
> can
> 1. use our own Windows base PC to emulate a UNIX-like environment to do the
> development;
> 2. use the X server to connect to X windows of Linux and AIX;
> 3. use the Secure Shell (ssh) to connect to AIX servers;
> 4. use powerful scripts of Unix to automate Windows workstation.
>
> We shall use the cygwin in around thirty Window based PC.
>
> Would like to clarify that will be free of charge.

Have your company's lawyers read the GNU Public License and answer that
for you.  It's quite well explained exactly what the GPL allows and
doesn't allow on <http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html> and
<http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html>.  This is not a legal advice
mailing list, and answering legal questions is not the purpose of this
list.

Brian