RE: can't open file for writing

Yes, I meant "echo":

prompt> echo "hello" > foo.txt
bash: foo.txt: No such file or directory

Going through my records, I did not have this problem
when using the current Cygwin release as of last
February (2004).  The problem started when I upgraded
to Cygwin NT 5.1 (cygwin dll 1.5.10) in August.  Did
something change in cygwin that could be affecting the
problem (even if it isn't Cygwin's fault)?  Is it
possible I somehow got some library out of sync?

-- Christian

--- Hannu E K Nevalainen