RE: ConTeXt broken under Cygwin?

I had similar problems with fmtutil under pdflatex, and you may possibly be
having the same trouble.  It's a result of the wrong perms getting set on
the files during installation; if your username doesn't have access perms to
those .efmt files, it will seem as if they don't exist to the app.  See this
post for full details and a possible solution:

    cheers,
      DaveK