[OT] RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated cygwin Package: procmail-3.22-10

  So it does!  I always remember it being described as a Unix or POSIX
emulation layer... I see that it changed sometime around June last year.
Now I come to think of it, I had noticed that before; I think I always
assumed it was just a 'dumbed-down' description someone had decided to put
there in order to save the list having to repeatedly explain the
posix/unix/gnu-linux distinction.

> If Cygwin claimed to be emulating Solaris, then this would be a useful
> datapoint.  Since it doesn't make that claim, I don't think
> your analogy is very apt.

  My analogy would have been apter if cygwin hadn't changed it's nature
beneath my feet when I had my back turned!

> I don't exactly understand how my mild defense of Jason would
> be characterized
> as "M"

  By placing tongue firmly in cheek when doing so!

>but, this discussion is really not even worth the
> electrons that its
> displayed on,

  [OT] tag added!

>so I'll stop now.

  Agreed, but it did bring out an interesting point about the change in how
cygwin is seen and described.  I couldn't find any discussion in the
archives about it, but  it wasn't obvious to me what search terms might
work.  Was there some kind of policy change?

    cheers,
      DaveK