Re: cygwin implementation of fork() eating all resourses?

Hi,

i had the same behaviour under windows xp. It seems that you need to
give back the end to the system sometimes in a while(1) unless it will
take all resources of the system and the child won't do anything.

i had the problem waiting for a network message which wasn't able to be
received as the process took all resources.

The solution for me was only to put a usleep in c code to be shure that
windows take back the hand from time to time.

By the way this doesn't append for me on windows 2000....

i used windows xp sp2 with cygwin 1.5.10-3

Bertrand

Le lun 06/09/2004 Ã 10:48, Corinna Vinschen a Ãcrit :