Re: /proc registry access

linda w wrote:

> gotta figure out how to get cvs to work through a proxy and, maybe
> better, set up a cross development environment on linux.  I lost the
> last simple set of instructions I had to build the setup command...sigh.
>
> I think for the proxy bit, I seem to remember having to use a sockified
> CVS...

Google[1] says that if you have cvs >= 1.12.6 you can specify a http
proxy in the pserver CVSROOT specification:

cvs -d
:pserver;proxy=foo;proxyport=bar:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/src co
winsup

However, if you have a SOCKS proxy then you'll indeed need a socksified
version of the cvs client.

Brian

[1] https://www.cvshome.org/cyclic/cvs/dev-http.txt