Re: windows dlls?

Yes.  See <http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/dll.html>

> I'm a unixhead from way back and don't like the Microsoft stuff. I much
> prefer to stick with what I'm comfortable with.
>
> If I can create usable DLLs, what things must I be aware of?

The bad news is that the main Cygwin DLL (/bin/cygwin1.dll) cannot be
loaded dynamically from Windows programs (using LoadLibrary).  Therefore,
any DLL depending on it won't be dynamically loadable either.

The good news is that you can use Cygwin gcc to create MinGW DLLs and
programs, and those won't depend on cygwin1.dll, so you'll be able to use
them from Windows programs.  They probably would be better anyway, because
Windows would pass Win32 paths, etc, when calling the exported functions.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw