Re: man pages taking long to show

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Gorden Jemwa wrote:

> I'm running cygwing on a WIN XP SP2 platform. When I invoke the MAN
> command for help it is taking unusually long to show. What could be the
> problem?

There could be many reasons.  Please review and follow

particularly the bit about *attaching* (as an uncompressed text
*attachment*) the output of "cygcheck -svr" on your system.

In the absense of the above information, one WAG is that your MANPATH
somehow contains a disconnected network share...  Or the built-in firewall
in SP2 is blocking some hostname lookup or another, and the bash scripts
are waiting to time out...  Other guesses may follow once you provide more
info.  You may ultimately have to debug this yourself, though, just so you
are aware of the possibility and can mentally prepare. ;-)
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw