Re: openldap 2.2.15-2

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Robert Schmidt wrote:

> I have problems running openldap 2.2.15-2 (cygwin is up-to-date as of this
> moment).
>
> Running slapd or slurpd produces the following error:
>
> "The procedure entry point __dn_expand could not be located in the dynamic
> link library cygminires.dll."
>
> I also tried adding openldap-devel, with no change.
>
> Any ideas?

Use the Cygwin package search page at <http://cygwin.com/packages/> to
locate the package containing the DLL in question.  For cygminires.dll,
the package is "minires".  The openldap package was apparently compiled
using a particular version of that package.

> minires              0.97-1             OK

You have minires-0.97-1 installed.  The latest version is 0.98-3.  Try
upgrading to it.  The API has apparently changed between the versions,
though the library is not versioned (this is arguably a packaging bug).

> cygcheck -c -v output:
>
> Cygwin Package Information
> [snip cygcheck -c output]

For the future, please a) use the output of "cygcheck -svr", not just
"cygcheck -cv", as requested in <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>, and
b) *attach* the output of "cygcheck -svr" instead of including it inline,
to minimize false positives in archive searches (again, as requested in
<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>).

> Package              Version            Status
> Missing directory: /etc/apache.new/ from package apache
> Missing file: /etc/apache.new/access.conf from package apache
> Missing file: /etc/apache.new/access.conf.default from package apache
> [... hundreds more files missing in *.new ...]
> apache               1.3.29-2           Incomplete

Apache packaging is very "cygcheck -c"-unfriendly...

> Missing directory: /usr/share/man/cat1/ from package fetchmail
> fetchmail            6.2.5-2            Incomplete

Hmm, looks like a minor packaging bug.
Also, <http://cygwin.com/packages/fetchmail/fetchmail-6.2.5-2> is empty
(Attn: CGF or Corinna).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw