/proc registry access

2 questions on the registry access in /proc.

1) Any idea on why find would choke on registry subtrees containing ":"?  Is
some part of the path expansion going through Windows?

2) The user-guide implies read-write access to the registry-fs:

"As anytime you deal with the Windows registry, use caution since
changes may result in an unstable or broken system."

   But I tried removing a value (that I can remove through regedit)
and get a "read-only filesystem" error message.  Is there something
I need to do to make it writeable?

Thanks!
-linda