RE: OpenSSH on windows Problem

  Nothing "virally" infects a system with the GPL in any case.  That's an
invalid analogy and the word is used in a purely perjorative sense as part
of microsoft's black propaganda effort against OSS.

  Nobody is _forced_ to use cygwin and therefore nobody is _forced_ to GPL
their app; therefore it is in no sense viral.

  It may seem unfair to you that if you want to make use of this fantastic
software, (which represents an invaluable asset to your firm that would cost
you many many many man-years to develop equivalent features yourself) you
don't actually get it for nothing but have an obligation placed upon you in
exchange, but this is no more 'viral' than having to pay the price asked for
what you buy in a shop.

    cheers,
      DaveK