Re: OpenSSH on windows Problem

>From what I understand, simply using cygwin binaries like ssh, perl, bash, etc.
does not virally infect a propietary system with the GPL.

So, if you plan on using sshd and sftp as part of your commerical app, you don
not have to license cygwin.

Any changes you make to sshd or sftp would have to be published.

You have to check to make sure that distributing cygwin doesn't run you afoul
of the GPL.

That being said, I think we should all encourage RedHat to publish cygwin under
the LGPL to allow cygwin1.dll to be used without virally infecting application
code. But that is just my opinion.