Re: Re: Problem executing a .bat script in a directory with spaces using bash

The problem is, there's nothing for me to quote here.  It's not like
the batch script fails to
give me the correct information (due to incorrect quoting).  The
script fails to even
LAUNCH when it lives in a directory with spaces and you pass in an argument with
a space in it.  Mind you, I've changed directory to that directory
with spaces so I'm
not trying to do something like:
"/cygdrive/c/Space \Dir/test.bat" "hello world"

cd /cygdrive/c/Space\ Dir
./test.bat hello
<works just fine>

./test.bat "hello world"
<fails with:>
'c:\Space' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

And all test.bat does is echo %1
change test.bat to do just echo (so it doesn't even process its arguments)
and it still fails accordingly.

Let me just give one final example (this time test.bat says echo %*)

$ /cygdrive/c/Space\ Dir/test.bat hello
c:\Space Dir>echo hello
hello
$ /cygdrive/c/Space\ Dir/test.bat hello world
c:\Space Dir>echo hello world
hello world
$ /cygdrive/c/Space\ Dir/test.bat "hello world"
'c:\Space' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I'm running the exact same command all three times with different arguments.
The minute I pass a quoted argument (with spaces) to the batch script though,
bash itself complains about not being able to find test.bat.

Now let's take this one step further.  In the last case, it actually
thinks it wants
to execute C:\Space instead of the script.  Now let's do the following:
Create a batch script called "C:\Space.bat" and put one line into it.
cat /etc/passwd.

Now re-run the third command again:
$ /cygdrive/c/Space\ Dir/test.bat "hello world"
c:\Space Dir>cat /etc/passwd
<etc/passwd file is now displayed>

This just doesn't seem right to me.

Sean