Re: OpenSSH on windows Problem

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 11:53:43AM +0500, hassani wrote:
>I am planning to use OPENSSH in my COMMMERCIAL project for custom SFTP
>support on WINDOWS operating system. I have couple of queries regarding
>that.
>
>1. Is it necessary to use cygwin1.dll after i compile the OpenSSH source.
>Does portable version of openssh require cygwin1.dll during execution. Does
>OpenSSH use cygwin source code. What else from cygwin is required for
>OpenSSH usage except cygwin1.dll.

Yes, you need cygwin1.dll to run cygwin-based applications.

>2. If cygwin1.dll is a must then according to gpl(know little of it uptill
>now) do i have to open my source code. OpenSSH is already open source and i
>will be using OpenSSH source code in my application.
>
>Waiting for an urgent reply.

Any application linked with cygwin1.dll is GPLed so, if you release binaries
for your application which uses cygwin, you must also release source code
for your application.

If any of this is confusing and you really plan on creating a commercial
product, you really should consult a lawyer.
--
Christopher Faylor			spammer? ->	aaaspam@sourceware.org
Cygwin Co-Project Leader				aaaspam@duffek.com