Re: mod-php4

Sam Liddicott wrote:
Robert Schmidt wrote:

Hi!

I've gleaned from the archives that mod-php4 was pulled because it was
broken, and that a new maintainer has taken over apache + modules.

Is there any use in hoping that mod-php4 will be added soon?  I need it
for a SquirrelMail setup I've been asked to provide on Windows... :-/

I've had a shot at building php4 myself, but failed miserably:

I've been using coLinux (www.colinux.org) as a way of running apache and php4 under windows.

Thanks! I wasn't aware of that interesting project. I'm definitely going to check it out.

For my immediate needs, however, I managed to get the standard precompiled native Win32 php4 package to work as a CGI handler inside my cygwin Apache 1.3. This is suboptimal, and I have to stay away from cygwin paths (~, symlinks, etc.), but SquirrelMail worked just as advertised.

Sam

Cheers, Rob