Re: ssh under windows 2003 server

Cary Lewis wrote:

I am ssh installed on a win 2003 server.

If I login in with authorized_keys set to allow auto-logins, I get the
fanfare, and welcome message, but then I am immediately logged out.

If I remove authorized_keys and I am prompted for password, I can log in
and use the shell normally.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks.

Cary,

I believe you needed to fix this problem above before you tried using ssh to your box. I don't know if the others saw your first message on the list before they saw your tape drive and ssh problem. Would you please reply to the list with both your cygwin.dll version and the openssh version that you are using? Depending on your the versions of these programs, and that you just installed ssh, you may be experiencing the privilege separation problem. Additional information is located here, if your versions match. http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-08/msg01245.html

Greg

ssh - no access to /dev/st0

I have a SCSI tape drive, and I can use tar to create archives on it:

tar cvf /dev/st0 /bin

tar tvf /dev/st0

but if I try to ssh into my cygwin box and try the same command, then I
get the following error:

tar: opening archive "/dev/st0": The system cannot find the path
specified.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am running ssh under cygwin on a windows 2003 server box.

Thanks for any help!