Re: Cannot find C:\cygwin\cygwin.bat

Hi,
This is what I did:
1) Downloaded setup.exe from cygwin.com
2) Ran setup, and hit next (for default installation). And stored
   downloaded files onto c:\download.
3) Ran setup again, and asked it to install from local directory.
4) Installation got done, it asked me if I wanted a short cut on the
desktop, and I said yes.
5) I tried running cygwin using the short cut, and I get an alert saying:
"Cannot find c:\cygwin\cygwin.bat (or one of its components)".

The setup.exe version i s 2.427.

The operating system is Windows 2000.

Thanks,
Pratheep.