Re: MapViewOfFileEx errors disappeared with cygwin1-20040716 snapshot

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 12:36:55PM +0200, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:

>    > On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 03:11:18PM +0200, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
>    >> I just want to note that all of my MapViewOfFileEx errors which I saw
>    >> with a lot of my gnome1 apps dissapeared after installing the latest
>    >> snapshot.
>    >>
>    >> It must be this change:
>    >>
>    >> 2004-07-16  Christopher Faylor  <cgf@timesys.com>
>    >>
>    >> * pinfo.cc (pinfo::init): Guard against MapViewOfFileEx failure.
>    >>
>    >> Thanks a lot
>
>    > No, that would not change anything.  I just added a fatal error message.
>
>You are right. I just checked my XWin.log and it again said
>
> MIT-SHM extension disabled due to lack of kernel support
>
>also ipcs gives me
>
> Bad system call

That's not the fatal error message that I was talking about.

Does the latest snapshot work any better?

Corinna and I noticed some strangeness with cygserver earlier this year
when it was compiled with gcc 3.3.2.  She reminded me of this problem
earlier today.  I had previously reverted my main system to gcc 3.3.1 a
but neglected to revert one of the other systems that I use for building
snapshots via distcc.  So, it was pure chance as to whether cygserver
was compiled with gcc 3.3.2 or gcc 3.3.1.

Now all three of the systems that I use to build snapshots should be in
sync, so I'm hoping your cygserver problem is now gone.

cgf