Where is libxml2.dll?

I am running Windows 2003 server with on which I have
installed cygwin within the last month.

I found a terrific little utility (webdav client) at
http://www.gohome.org/nd/ which I downloaded and
compiled (with gcc) with cygwin. At the bash command
prompt, it appears to work.

However, it is intended to be run from emacs. When I
create a shell with emacs, it starts up a bash shell
as a sub process and I get the error: "this
application has failed to start because libxml2.dll
was not found. Re-installing the application my fix
this problem.". Well there is no libxml2.dll on my
system but the command works from the bash command
prompt! HOw could this be?

I notice there are libxml2.dll.a and libxml2.a and
libxml2.la in my /usr/lib directory! This must be the
one! Why cannot the bash shell find it when run under
emacs? Do I need to put c:\cygwin\lib in my PATH
environment variable?

  Thanks,
      Siegfried